The Health Museum
Dr. Melanie Johnson, President
DeBakey Cell Lab:
1) Features seven authentic biology-based, hands-on science experiments developed for visitors ages seven to adult to explore topics of cellular, molecular and microbiology -- inspiring future scientists and leaders in the medical field
2) Guests don a lab coat, goggles and gloves when they enter
3) Science experiment benches include Cheek Cell, Testing Antimicrobials, Mystery Microbes, Enzymes in Saliva, DNA Extraction, Giant Chromosomes and Blood Bench.
4) Good for families, school field trips, homeschoolers -- fulfills lab requirements no longer available to most schools
5) You don't have to be a scientist to enter, but you feel like one when you leave.
'?Event Name: DeBakey Cell Lab at The Health Museum
'?Event Date: Now Open
'?Event Time: Tuesday-Saturday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Monday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (June - August)
'?Event Number: 713-521-1515
'?Event Website: www.thehealthmuseum.org
Produced by: Houston Newsmakers Team