The Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective provides quality medical services, dental services, support groups and health education tailored to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer communities without judgement or prejudice.
Annually, for twenty-three years, the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective produces the Queer Prom for LGBTQ youth.
There are still populations in CT impacted by AIDS. The Health Collective provides support to those communities.
VALUES, MISSION AND VISION
The Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective will apply the following values as it carries out its mission:
- We are committed to providing client centered quality services and programs consistent with professionally accepted standards of care.
- We celebrate and embrace the commonalities and differences of all persons touched by our organization.
- We treat all persons with dignity and respect.
- We encourage and support professional growth and development.
- We strive to create and maintain a physically and emotionally safe and inclusive environment that runs seamlessly through all aspects of our programs and services.
- We aspire to be a positive and influential leader in all aspects of our service to the community.
- We are advocates for mental and physical health in our community and encourage and support all in making healthy choices for their lives.
Interview recorded on June 20, 2017 at the University of Hartford. Hosted by Eric Clemons.